Reply To: Character Position Combat Test – RubenHaze – Orochimaru (INACTIVE)

Home Forums Naruto Support Character Position Combat Test – RubenHaze – Orochimaru (INACTIVE) Reply To: Character Position Combat Test – RubenHaze – Orochimaru (INACTIVE)

Deathdusk
Keymaster

Grades

• Clan
    • ███ FAIR
      • White Snake Bearer was used a lot, missed a lot, and didn’t have a big impact on our fight.
        • You struggle to hit this a lot, and it’s better to hit the jutsu 1 out of 3 times every fight rather than 1 out of 8.
        • You use it so much that it becomes routine to dodge, so this increases your predictability. It also shows that you don’t put as much thought as you should into when this should be used strategically.
        • You didn’t take advantage of many opportunities where I ran out of mobility and would’ve been left vulnerable. There were also plenty of times where I was charging chakra and was ripe to be hit. Yet another instance of this is when I am first activating sharingan because I am slowed.
      • Red Banded Snake was somewhat threatening, but not taken advantage of well.
        • You could use this jutsu to shield against hammers or things like Kunai Barrage and Kunai Volley.
        • When up in the air, you could consider what you’ll do next and give yourself time to confuse me or reposition.
      • Striking Shadow Snakes effectively hindered my mobility and caught my leaps.
        • I would often be caught trying to leap and it was an effective bait and punish for using movement jutsu at the wrong times.
      • Multiple Striking Shadow Snakes was effective in dealing damage, but could’ve been used smarter.
        • It felt like you just activated this jutsu in pursuit of getting off quick damage, almost every time it came off cooldown you used it and it didn’t make our fights any shorter.
        • Given that you used this so heavily, it even detracted from your overall performance on the test.
  • Chakra Nature
    • ███ BAD
      • Wind Release: Swirling Vacuum was used poorly.
        • You should of spent more time using this to prevent me from being aggressive, punishing Phoenix Flower’s range, or other things like making it harder for me to aim certain jutsu.
      • Wind Release: Gale Palm helped to keep me at distance, but you didn’t always use it that way.
        • I was put out of range sometimes but in many other occasions it had its effect negated by other jutsu and just acted as extra damage.
        • Work on using this to put me out of distance at stressful times.
      • Wind Release: Whirlwind Fist was missed a lot, making it very inneffective.
        • You could’ve slowed me down with this jutsu every so often and you also could’ve put a hurting on my mobility.
        • Figure out what the hitbox for this jutsu is and try to get more comfortable using it. Aim for body shots as you often face the ground when trying to activate it, missing all-together.
      • Lightning Release: Static Implosion was missed frequently and its range wasn’t taken advantage of.
        • Practice aiming where your target is running, treat this kind of like a wall that your target faceplants into.
        • This jutsu is good for small damage and breaking up movement, dealing with targets at midrange.
      • Lightning Release: Spider Web was sometimes effective, but not always.
        • You used this so often that it hurt your overall performance.
        • This could’ve been saved as an opener or even punishing me for using ninja tools close range.
      • Lightning Release: Thundering Sphere did not pressure me at all.
        • Was not hit and often never close to hitting either.
        • Figure out how wide the range is for the jutsu and work around it.
        • Use it to pin your target around corners and try keep them within range.
  • Nature Kekkei Genkai
    • ███ BAD
      • Polarity Release: Gaseous Discharge was pressuring but also very escapable.
        • I feel like you could take advantage of how far it spreads depending on camera angle to get more use out of its hazardous potential.
        • Use this as a bait and punish for targets who deal most of their damage close to mid-range, like me.
      • Polarity Release: Ion Bolt was never landed and didn’t pose a threat.
        • Remember that there is a delay before this casts so you need to account for that before activating it.
        • Aim and predict where your target is going and use times where I activate Sharingan, am charging chakra, or have run out of movement jutsu to punish me.
      • Polarity Release: Supercharged Jolt was used frequently with no overarching impact.
        • You could easily use this jutsu to force me into using more mobility.
        • You kind of just use this to milk extra damage and it isn’t effective when used like this.
  • Rank
    • ███ FAIR
      • Tanto
        • Not always required to use this, but it helped situationally. I think you used it once, may want to consider using it more often.
      • Ninja Art: Paralyzing Kunai wasn’t too effective.
        • You could of used this to cancel Sharingan or other pesky abilities like Kunai Barrage and Kunai Volley.
      • Ninja Art: Silencing Seal
        • Not used often, seemingly forgotten about. Work on fitting this into your set. It can also cancel jutsu you find annoying.
      • Ninja Art: Secret Stealth was used, but not as efficiently as possible.
        • Used a lot, not always effective.
        • You can also use this ability to bait me into using mobility jutsu as I do not know where you’ll end up by the time you reappear.
      • Ninja Art: Afterimage Dash was used a lot and it contributed greatly to the length of our fights.
        • Use this for extra mobility and jutsu cancellation but don’t constantly fly around the map with it.
        • This jutsu seems to be your lifeline in fights and spending a long time chasing you makes the fight drag on and your desperation to not die more apparent.
  • General
    • ███ BAD
      • Ninja Art: Explosive Kunai
        • Work on your aim with this, it is often missed.
      • Ninja Art: Kunai Volley was very ineffective and overused.
        • It was alarming how much you used this and it hurt your overall performance.
        • It normally didn’t deal much damage, but if you just want to use it to keep me at bay, spread the projectiles more.
      • Green Roar
        • I’m not sure if you used this much. If you did, it wasn’t very effective.
        • You can use this to cancel Sharingan.
      • Clone & Multi Clone
        • You tend to hit your clones with your own jutsu, making them pointless.
        • You could try to use them as meat shields in stressful times.
  • Ninja Tool
    • ███ BAD
      • Paperbomb
        • Not used too often, not very effective.
      • Kunai/Shuriken
        • Not used a lot, may help shorten the fight.
          • Pick up a set of ninja tools you enjoy and experiment with them outside the fight. It can shorten fight durations just a little bit.
  • Playstyle
    • ███ FAIR
      • You play aggressive enough that you can pull off your easier hit jutsu but you need to ease into things that take timing because rushing around makes you more prone to missing.
      • You need to use more of your jutsu in response or punishment of jutsu I use. Right now it seems like you are darting across the field trying to hit everything and missing a bunch.
      • Play a bit more defensively by paying more attention to what I do. Punishing and responding to things I do are important to becoming more offective.
      • Don’t always rush for the kill, take time to hit jutsu that take timing. Your aggression almost always stops you from hitting timing-based jutsu. Play a little slower when you need to.
  • Sequence
    • ███ POOR
      • You have repeatedly chained jutsu together that I have said were either ineffective or simply not appropriate.
      • Using spider web in tandem with white snake bearer is a crutch, not appropriate, and doesn’t show you can hit it by itself consistently. Even when using spider web with the jutsu, it was not guaranteed. Continuing this behavior detracts from your score and makes you more predictable. When you hit white snake bearer in our test, you were forced to pair it with spider web and the tens of times you used it throughout the test by itself, it was missed.
      • Trying to use Red Banded Snake or Gaseous Discharge with Thundering Sphere is a crutch, not appropriate, and has been ineffective for the last handful of tests you have taken. You are better off saving Gaseous Discharge as a punishment for your enemy playing aggressive at close range.
      • Using your paralyzing kunai and a host of other abilities is not appropriate and you still miss every time you execute on it. You are better off saving paralyzing kunai for other moments.
      • Swirling Vacuum and Supercharged Jolt is grossly inappropriate and seemingly only done to try to pull off extra damage, which still isn’t effective.
      • Your sequencing gets worse throughout the fight and you start to chain abilities that you know aren’t appropriate together. I use nine less jutsu against you in a character test, I am positive that you shouldn’t have to resort to these tactics against me.
        • Your sequencing overall shows a lack in understanding for when I have said if you need jutsu A to hit jutsu B, it is a crutch. Please try to listen to me after each test because for the last few I have needed to touch on the same issues repeatedly.
  • Balance
    • ███ BAD
      • You put an extreme focus on Multiple Striking Shadow Snakes, using it upwards to six times in a fight for cheap damage. Our fights still last a long time regardless.
      • You are using most things but are missing many of them as well. Spending too much time trying to hit jutsu like thundering sphere, white snake bearer, static implosion, ion bolt, and whirlwind fist throughout the fight shows that you didn’t give them enough consideration in your set. You use them a lot, and really considering how they fit into your set will reduce the time you spend trying to hit them and will make you less predictable. If I see that you use these jutsu upwards to six times each in one fight, it becomes increasingly obvious on how to avoid them.

If you have any more questions, feel free to ask here. I am more than willing to clarify anything I have posted here. Thank you.