Reply To: Character Position Combat Test – Marrowlex – Hokage

Home Forums Naruto Support Character Position Combat Test – Marrowlex – Hokage Reply To: Character Position Combat Test – Marrowlex – Hokage

Deathdusk
Keymaster

Grades

• Clan
    • ███ BAD
      • Wood Release: Giant Forest
        • Normally paired with Green Roar which wasn’t great.
          • Would be better if used to engage into close-range.
        • Aim where your target is going and make sure you are closer when using this so that it isn’t side-stepped.
      • Wood Release: Wooden Mallet
        • You used this a lot, but it only landed when used with Cypress Nail, which isn’t great.
        • Try to be a little closer when using this. This is effective at making me waste movement jutsu, but you also want it to hit me regularly without me being slowed down.
          • This is a hazard or pressuring ability that you can use every so often.
      • Wood Release: Silent Strangle
        • You missed this jutsu a lot and it felt kind of random when you tried to use it.
        • This jutsu can slow me down, force me to use movement jutsu, and cancel my attempts to attack you. You sometimes use it with no intentions, and so it doesn’t counter anything.
      • Wood Release: Cypress Nail
        • You used this jutsu a lot and it hurt you overall.
        • This is a good damage dealer, but a good way to force me to use movment jutsu as well. I think this would be good as a hard damage counter.
  • Chakra Nature
    • ███ BAD
      • Fire Release: Flame Cyclone
        • You didn’t hit this during the test, placed it kinda weirdly, tried sandwiching it between other jutsu.
        • Try to corner your enemy with this jutsu, making it hard for them to escape.
        • Try to wait until my movement jutsu are on cooldown to use this.
        • Don’t place it directly on top of me or super far away all of the time, mix up how you use this.
      • Fire Release: Bed of Flames
        • Decent at hitting, could be shot from mid-range to help transition to close range. Try not to use it super close.
          • Can also help creating distance at times as well.
      • Fire Release: Meteor Blitz
        • It felt like you used this jutsu solely for extra damage, not a lot of consideration of utility.
        • You could use this to punish me for playing evasively, for charging chakra.
          • It is very disorienting and can mess up how I play if used with the purpose of utility.
      • Lightning Release: Spider Web
        • Used a bit, not used that well.
        • You need to be closer when using this, it should be a big pressure on my movement jutsu. You want to use this close to deal damage and make me leap, but not use it so much that it is predictable.
      • Lightning Release: Static Implosion
        • Hit a few times, could be more effective.
        • You could treat this like a wall or barrier than I run into, or you can place it behind me in a similar fashion. This is something that hinders movement, can force me to use movement jutsu, makes it harder for me to engage, is generally effective.
      • Lightning Release: Thundering Sphere
        • Not hit in our fights, not effective.
        • I’m given too much time to escape, same issues with Flame Cyclone where you place it oddly.
        • Wait until I don’t have movement jutsu, corner me with this jutsu, mix up how you use it.
        • Take adavantage of times I am not highly mobile.
  • Nature Kekkei Genkai
    • ███ BAD
      • Plasma Release: Scarlet Shower
        • You didn’t land this jutsu during our test, which wasn’t great.
          • This jutsu has a larger range than it appears to have.Test out how far the range for the jutsu is. This will give you a better sense of how and where to use the jutsu.
          • Try placing this around corners so that it closes off my escape route.If I am cornered by this, I may not have enough time to escape before it hits me.This is especially true because it has a very wide range and it slows me.
          • Use this if I have no movement jutsu left or if I am coming from movement jutsu.
            • Movement jutsu are the number one thing that will allow me to dodge this and if I don’t have them, I am far less likely to escape.
          • Try not to use the jutsu the same way each time.
            • Take these tips and figure out ways to mix things up so you don’t become predictable when trying.
            • Keep in mind that if I am out of options, I will be less able to dodge.
      • Plasma Release: Superheated Sear
        • You normally wouldn’t hit this, which was surprising.
        • This is an additional jutsu that can restrict my movement, but you struggle to hit it.
          • Try to be closer to me when using this.
          • Time your shots better so that I run into it.
        • This can stop me from playing aggressively against you. Try using it as a barrier when I try to attack you.
      • Plasma Release: Solar Strike
        • You either hit this jutsu or you didn’t, not always effective.
        • This is another jutsu that only shoots a set distance.
          • Find this distance and try shooting from that range each time.
          • While already within range to hit it, inch toward the target while it is activating. This may make it easier to land.
        • You could use this to help engage through close-range easier.
  • Rank
    • ███ BAD
      • Chakra Dash & Teleportation
        • Felt like you skipped around the field a lot, didn’t really use these well to dodge, didn’t re-enter well. I make it hard to re-enter when you jump around the field.
      • Afterimage Dash
        • Felt like you flee’d with the jutsu a lot, didn’t use it to mitigate certain abilities, tried to chain jutsu inside of it, was sloppy.
        • Use this to cancel out abilities and dodge better.
      • Silencing Seal
        • Should be used to cancel out oncoming moves at close range, sometimes used when I was using nothing.
      • Paralyzing Kunai
        • Not always hit, very good at cancelling ranged moves and stopping oncoming attacks.
  • General
    • ███ FAIR
      • Ninja Art: Explosive Kunai
        • Did decent extra damage, was effective at startling and pressuring me.
      • Ninja Art: Kunai Volley
        • Did decent extra damage at close-range, could be used to defuse Sharingan from long range and to push me out of range.
  • Ninja Tool
    • ███ BAD
      • Paperbomb
        • Could be used to force movement jutsu, kind of felt like extra damage, needs better utility use.
      • Kunai & Shuriken
        • Decent for incremental damage, could defuse Sharingan at long-range, don’t use too much, can help re-engage.
  • Playstyle
    • ███ BAD
      • You don’t really stay in the fight long enough to do meaningful things, you play very evasively at times.
      • I think you need to focus more on the utility purpose of your jutsu, think less about dealing damage and more about how your jutsu can enable you to hit hard hits, obviously not crutching in the process.
  • Sequence
    • ███ POOR
      • You need to stop pairing all of your jutsu together.
        • You tried to pair things like Flame Cyclone and Meteor Blitz, Green Roar and Giant Forest, Wooden Mallet and Cypress Nail, and many other random combinations. You also teleport or afterimage dash with a lot of jutsu. You are reducing the effectiveness of most of these jutsu. Just don’t do this.
        • Focus on improving how you use each jutsu, combos aren’t just putting two things together. You need to set up a cycle of pressuring jutsu throughout the fight to be effective and improve hard hitter aim.
  • Balance
    • ███ POOR
      • You used Cypress Nail a lot which was frustrating, try not to use it as much.
      • You used Flame Cyclone, Scarlet Shower, and Thundering Sphere a lot. You want to use it at least two or three times per fight, hitting it once every other fight to be effective. Reducing your hitrate requires more integration into your set, so keep working on that.
      • You tend to cycle through easier to hit jutsu, try to get a fair balance of all of your jutsu, put equal focus into everything, don’t spam easy damage, don’t spam hard hitters you struggle hitting, work on everything.
Failure
███ ONE WEEK

If you have any more questions, feel free to ask here. I am more than willing to clarify anything I have posted here. Thank you.