Reply To: Character Position Combat Test – theTopher – Sasori (INACTIVE)

Home Forums Naruto Support Character Position Combat Test – theTopher – Sasori (INACTIVE) Reply To: Character Position Combat Test – theTopher – Sasori (INACTIVE)

Deathdusk
Keymaster

Grades

• Clan
    • ███ BAD
      • Puppet Technique: Puppet Master
        • This was normally avoidable and often activated too far away.
        • Only activate the puppet when you are close to me.
          • On activation and deactivation, the puppet explodes with decent damage and a powerful slow.
          • The puppet does lunge attacks every few seconds for minor damage and a powerful slow.
          • Try to play very aggressively when your puppet is out and pay close attention to what I am doing to dodge or block oncoming attacks.
      • Puppet Technique: Chakra Shield
        • You have a bad habit of using this after you’ve taken a lot of damage.
          • The purpose of a shield is to anticipate and block oncoming attacks. It is not useful if you put up a shield after I have already used all of my cooldowns to damage you.
            • While the shield can act as a safety net for you to heal or recoup, you could’ve just avoided taking damage to begin with.
            • While it is possible for me to wait until the shield has expired to attack, planning when to use your shield is important. You need to exercise predicting when and where your opponent will attack, so pay attention to the range they need to hit their jutsu, when they hit their jutsu, and how.
          • You can still attack while shielded which is helpful if you are playing aggressive but are trying to be cautious about taking damage.
      • Puppet Technique: Assault Blade
        • You hit this more often than in previous tests, but it still needs polishing to be effective.
        • I feel like you use this for raw damage too often.
          • Try to use this to limit my movement and to punish me for engaging or evading in situations where it applies.
          • This can help you cancel out my movement jutsu, so I suggest timing it for when I land from one, or as I am using one.
      • Puppet Technique: Assault Blade Blast
        • You hit this more often than in previous tests, but you have some issues with range and keeping your cursor on me.
          • You often use this too far away while trying to follow me, resulting in the first group of them missing. You need to be close enough for all of them to touch me when using them, following my body with your cursor, and inching toward me as they fire.
  • Chakra Nature
    • ███ BAD
      • Wind Release: Swirling Vacuum
        • This still didn’t feel too effective against me.
          • When using this to mess up my aim, wait until I activate something, then place it under me to mess up my aim while immediately strafing or reversing.
          • Be careful about your distance when using this as you can easily use it too close, making it not very useful.
        • Since you have trouble getting within range, this can make it harder for me to avoid you. You can pull me in or keep me in a spot so that you can continue to engage.
      • Wind Release: Gale Palm
        • It seemed like this was used less for damage output, which is an improvement.
          • You can use this jutsu to help you engage, especially since it is a good opener.
      • Wind Release: Whirlwind Fist
        • Your accuracy has improved while using this, but you have issues with range that make you miss and you don’t always use it with good timing.
          • Try to pick a range that is comfortable for you to hit it each time, and aim to stick to using it at that range. Sometimes you are just way too close for it to land.
          • Try to be more responsive to oncoming attacks or try to have better prediction of when I will. You sometimes use this when nothing is happening or if you try to prevent damage, you actually just use it after you’ve taken it.
      • Earth Release: Dark Swamp
        • You used this more often but I was able to walk around it.
          • I think you need to place it in my path or behind me more often. I feel like there are way more opportunities for me to run or reverse into it that aren’t being taken advantage of.
          • This jutsu is good at stopping me from playing evasively and forcing me into using movement jutsu. None of those things are really happening in our test though, so work on that.
      • Earth Release: Rising Earth Spikes
        • You used this a little more and it was sometimes effective at forcing my movement jutsu, but you need to keep up the momentum by consistently forcing me to use movement jutsu.
        • This jutsu is very pressuring, so it is also a good opener.
      • Earth Release: Planet Splitter
        • You used this a lot during the test, but a bit less than last time. It still isn’t being hit.
        • The way you approach using this jutsu still feels pretty similar, making it avoidable.
          • Try to mix up when, where, and how you use this.
        • One way to change how you use this is to draw a wall or line with it instead of pointing it directly at them. I haven’t really seen you try this yet.
          • You don’t really take advantage of when I have no movement jutsu left. They don’t come off cooldown when you use it, they just weren’t put on cooldown from anything for a while.
          • You don’t really take advantage of when I am cornered. I left plenty of openings where I could’ve been hit by Planet Splitter, but you didn’t pick them up.
          • You can catch me off guard if I am at low mobility, such as when I am charging chakra, or if am slowed by my own Sharingan activation.
  • Nature Kekkei Genkai
    • ███ BAD
      • Magnet Release: Fatal Attraction
        • This was a little more useful, but you still need to work on your placement.
        • You place this at strange angles which makes it much easier to ride around the corners. I think that you either overestimate or underestimate its range, so you place it too far away from me.
        • This jutsu is good at forcing me into using movement jutsu, but it is really most effective when centered on top of me.
      • Magnet Release: Magnetic Prison
        • You struggled a lot to use this jutsu, and I think you may of been too far away or you may of had bad timing.
        • Make sure you are very close when using this jutsu, and right as you do, immediately start jump walking toward me to ensure better chances to hit the jutsu.
        • Sometimes you were actually too far away, which could’ve been fatal. You don’t want to be countered on in such a large self-slow.
        • This jutsu is pretty effective at forcing me into using movement jutsu, but it is still supposed to hit even if I try to use movement jutsu to escape. You need to use it well for both to happen.
      • Magnet Release: Magnetic Wall
        • You used this a few times but it didn’t really seem useful.
          • You use this a little too close and a little too far. You need to find a sweet spot to land this jutsu.
          • This jutsu is effective at messing up my aim and making it more difficult for me to engage. You need to place this down in times that I am trying to deal heavy damage.
          • This is another jutsu that can force me into using my movement jutsu.
  • Rank
    • ███ BAD
      • Medical Ninjutsu: Draining Needles
        • You aren’t trying to use this too far away, which is good.
        • You have gotten better at sapping away my chakra when it is low, but you need to make sure you are aware of this at most times. You do it sometimes, but other times you don’t. You definitely want to keep my chakra low.
      • Chakra Retreat
        • You need to be careful about how you angle your disengage because it can be odd to re-engage after you’ve used it.
        • You need to be more conscious about dodging when I am attempting to attack you. This is really good for getting out of range and quickly.
      • Chakra Dash
        • This is another important dodging move, especially for close-range attacks.
          • You should always try to dodge and re-enter the fight quickly so that I don’t make it hard for you to re-approach.
      • Medical Ninjutsu: Self Regeneration & Medical Ninjutsu: Self Healing
        • Be careful about when and where you use your heals.
          • If you use them when you’re about to die, it likely won’t save you.
          • If you use them when shielded, or in reverse leap, not always the best situation.
            • You kind of need to be stealthy with how and when you heal yourself.
      • Medical Ninjutsu: Self Cleansing
        • You don’t always cleanse away Sharingan, which would be pretty effective. I feel like you forget about this one and just sit through the Sharingan duration.
  • General
    • ███ FAIR
      • Green Roar
        • You didn’t use this as aggressively for damage, but you need to take advantage of more openings. It seems like you are trying, but it sometimes falls short.
          • Take advantage of when I use Sharingan to cancel it.
          • Use this to mess up my aim, countering me.
  • Ninja Tool
    • ███ FAIR
      • Kunai/Shuriken
        • Your aim is getting a little better, but you try to engage and miss when you start the fight. The amount you use them drops to near zero when the fight actually starts going.
          • If you want to deal incremental damage, it has to be throughout the fight.
      • Demon Wind Shuriken
        • A little more useful, but only if I am walking at you. You still need to find better openings for this to be hit and you need to improve your aim with it.
      • Paperbomb
        • Used well sometimes, good at forcing me into using movement jutsu, but not always effective.
  • Playstyle
    • ███ BAD
      • You don’t vary what jutsu you use at what range you are at, resulting in you missing or not being able to execute on most of your set. You need to be more adaptive to where you are on the field and you need to be less hesitant to open the fight or play aggressively.
        • You need to let your jutsu do more work for you. You have a lot of jutsu that can help you approach or keep me within range, but you don’t consistently use them that way.
        • You fight very passively and slowly at times, making it hard to pin me down and limit my movement jutsu.
  • Sequence
    • ███ BAD
      • You tend to follow Swirling Vacuum with Whirlwind Fist, even if it is a few seconds after, and it is predictable.
      • You need to work on keeping consistent sources of pressure up.
        • When I escape from a jutsu that forces me to use movement jutsu, I should be impacted by another jutsu that forces me to do the same.
        • When I am trying to attack, you should respond with something that forces me to backpedal, messes up my aim, or makes it ineffective.
        • You need to create more hazards on the field, making it hard for me to escape and forcing me to use my movement jutsu.
        • You need to use your jutsu to enable yourself to get into the ranges you need to be effective.
  • Balance
    • ███ BAD
      • While you aren’t using jutsu like Planet Splitter as frequently, you are still using it a bit.
        • Remember to mix it up and work to bring your use to two or three times per fight, hitting it once every other fight.
      • Whirlwind Fist and Puppet Shield were used a bit more often than they probably should’ve been.
        • Be careful about when and where you use these are they are important for cancelling out jutsu and oncoming damage.
      • You really need to watch what I use as you figure out how to approach and use your jutsu.
        • The fight isn’t solely about you landing your jutsu. I am actively trying to prevent you from hitting your stuff by watching what you use and countering it with my own jutsu.
          • I don’t really see you doing this when I fight you.
        • You are very stuck in trying to use your set well that you don’t limit my own jutsu. It is very important and countering makes it easier for you to play well.
Failure
███ ONE WEEK

If you have any more questions, feel free to ask here. I am more than willing to clarify anything I have posted here. Thank you.