Scheduled Tournament (read if u want and support is welcome!)

Home Forums Naruto Suggestions Scheduled Tournament (read if u want and support is welcome!)

Tagged: 

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Ashanti
    Participant

Alright, so basically I was thinking that having a pvp tournament on the server now that there’s more people and filling a bracket like there was in the past. Ever since I returned to the server in the summer I have only seen 1 tournament and even then there was only about 6-8 people in the event.

My idea is that we have a scheduled tournament once or twice a month (bi weekly or monthly) and I propose we offer a shop prize, like ish (or whatever that nice guys name was)  who sponsored the first event offered. Or a high amount of in-game money if that’s what the winner would like over a shop item. I believe that this would be a way to give us hosters another option to host once a month and another event that people can watch, place bets on and enjoy their time on the server with. Hosters could volunteer to be TO’s or even participate in the event assuming we have enough help to make this even happen. This is a great way to keep the server activity poppin and also can provide you with livestream content, tiktok content and bring back the youtube content. Same for other content creators who choose to make videos and content about our server. This only gives them more to do and can also turn down the “there’s not much to do” statement from veteran players, and also can help the financially challenged players possibly get a chance at winning something.

Some problems that may come up and my solutions:

• “What about the tryhard godly players like Akito and 313232 (poorposture) from just winning the tournaments every single time and leaving no chance for the rest of us?!!?”

My idea:

• I believe it would be unfair to deny players access to the tournaments just because they are good at the game as this only seperates players and makes it unfair to them that they aren’t offer the same opportunities to gain items and prizes. Some tournaments I’ve noticed in other places have veteran brackets and newbie brackets, where players can be categorized by their skill or time on the server to give them better chances at winning.
    • Offer prizes to people other than first place, even if its top 3, and doesn’t have to be off the server shop, but still prizes so it’s worth while and not much complaining about fairness can be done.

• Possible locations for this event consist of…

Places like…

• Sand Arena because it is a change of pace and has good spectator spots (I suggest maybe adding barrier blocks on top to prevent rude people from interfering in fights.)
    • Shukuba Arena because good spectator stands and a good looking stage to take place in.
    • Jounins Arena because it’s a decent arena with barriers already there. Just used for jounins and I’m personally tired of seeing it.
    • Lounge Arena because it is a nice arena that’s never really used, would just need to get stands added. Only downside is that non-vip3 holders would be using the arena.

I believe this is worth consideration and a good addition to the events already at hoster disposal, but it would be less random and more organized than just randomly hosting a tournament like last time. This is a nice change of pace from all the TDM’s and FFA’s as of late.

Thank you for reading!

Deathdusk
    Keymaster

Evo had a really long-winded idea about this already, if you can work with him to host it to get fair matching sure, it was a good idea from him

Dylan
    Participant

I upvote this, and we could also make special tags for the winners (temporary of course) such as Champion tag or something around those lines. Maybe we could also do like monthly or seasonal tourneys 😀 and maybe in the future 3v3 tourneys

• This reply was modified 3 months, 1 week ago by Dylan.
    Evolution
    Participant

I had an idea like this to actually have an accurate PR system for the server, the reason for this is to entice players like myself and other more skilled players to continue playing in order to maintain and move through the ranks. I would not mind helping with these events by making brackets and TO’ing. The only reason I did not do the idea is because I’m far too lazy to be a hoster.

Jax
    Participant

I think this is a really good idea, however there are a couple issues I noticed. I think it could prove challenging to find times to host these tournaments, as one player is generally going to be busy (I should know I hosted fight club) and it wouldn’t be that fair to disqualify someone for being busy at a given time. Also in all honesty, money really isn’t that great. There’s only so much u can buy with it, and most jounins don’t even need weapons bc of wl. However, I am all in favour of more to do, cause being honest jounins and chars rly don’t have a lot to do.

Ashanti
    Participant

I think this is a really good idea, however there are a couple issues I noticed. I think it could prove challenging to find times to host these tournaments, as one player is generally going to be busy (I should know I hosted fight club) and it wouldn’t be that fair to disqualify someone for being busy at a given time. Also in all honesty, money really isn’t that great. There’s only so much u can buy with it, and most jounins don’t even need weapons bc of wl. However, I am all in favour of more to do, cause being honest jounins and chars rly don’t have a lot to do.

Well here’s my response to this. Your fight club was a different sort of event. Bracket style, yes, but it was basically just a bunch of fights without much time structure. I plan to have my tournaments on a set date and time on a weekly basis. You will have to sign up for that date and show up, there won’t be any multiple day occassions for this most likely. In my opinion this is where the fight club struggled, because you had several fights spread out between multiple days and this lacked structure to get things done. An official bracket like mine should be able to go through smoothly, people won’t sign up if they aren’t available (or atleast shouldn’t.)

About finding time to host these events; the agreement discussed after my original posting of this suggestion would be that I would be the one hosting these with the help of a small TO panel, which is currently just me and Evo. We’ll have things set up so at least one of us will be on to host the event.

Also, you mention the prizes so let’s talk about it. I never specifically mentioned weapons at all. By shop item I am referring to the bloodcraft server store. If Deathdusk is okay with a server store item going to the person in first place, they would be able to choose what they want (maybe a $ limit would have to be in place though.) I also was proposing money amounts around $100,000 and money in that range for those who did not want to get a shop item for whatever reason they have.

This event will also be a way to have a fun server ranking for those who choose to participate and hopefully gain some merit. So all the people who wish to make a name for themselves I recommend they sign up when these tournaments get started.

Any questions or suggestions please contact Doja(myself) or Evo, thank you.

Darth
    Participant

Good Idea 🙂

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.