Reply To: Character Position Combat Test – storn1 – Nagato (RESET)

Home Forums Naruto Support Character Position Combat Test – storn1 – Nagato (RESET) Reply To: Character Position Combat Test – storn1 – Nagato (RESET)

Deathdusk
Keymaster

Grades

• Clan
    • ███ FAIR
      • Adamantine Attacking Chains
        • You would sometimes land this jutsu with a fair amount of damage but as the fights went on, it became easier to escape due to its predictability.
        • Try to make me run into the center of the jutsu. If I am hit around its edges, I will get pushed out very easily.
        • Try to use it more defensively, such as punishing me for playing too aggressive and up-close.
        • Try to mix up how you use the jutsu. You have a tendency to place it where I am moving to stop me, but this method should not be used exclusively. Find different ways of executing how you use this or else you will become more predictable.
      • Adamantine Sealing Chains
        • You hit this occasionally, but you would sometimes follow up with ninja tool or jutsu which is innapropriate.
        • You can use this to force me into using my movement jutsu.
        • You can use this to punish me for playing aggressively.
        • You can use this to lessen my mobility, forcing me to use my movement jutsu.
        • You can use this to stop me from evading.
        • You can use this to cancel out a movement jutsu as I approach you..
      • Adamantine Siphoning Chains
        • You normally hit this jutsu and it was fairly effective at depleting my chakra over time, but it could have been used smarter.
        • While periodically taking chakra away from me is effective, you should also monitor when I am using the most chakra so I spend more time charging it.
          • This will make me less mobile and less able to activate jutsu.
      • Adamantine Piercing Chains
        • You used this jutsu a handful of times but it normally wasn’t impactful.
          • You would use this jutsu very far away which would force you into trying to thirst a hit. You would waste movement jutsu that are vital for other processes in this attempt. You simply could’ve used it better.
          • Sometimes a few would land on me, but you wouldn’t get the damage or stacking damage of having multiple of them hit me. You need to have more consideration on its mechanics.
        • Each chain from this jutsu will shoot off at the same distance from where you are looking. You can see a faint trail on the ground of where it is going to land each time.
          • This jutsu is effective when you spread it. The idea is to play pinball with your opponent, placing them all over the field like landmines.
          • This is effective at making it hard for me to gain distance or evade you. If you give a wider spread and do not isolate the chains to your side of the field, they will become more effective.
          • This will force me to use movement jutsu, so consider that when using it.
        • Try to activate it on me when I am out of chakra or before Sharingan’s full activation.
        • Try to activate it if I am already out of movement jutsu. This will assure an easier hit on the ability.
        • Try to activate it as punishment for playing aggressively against you.
  • Chakra Nature
    • ███ BAD
      • Wind Release: Swirling Vacuum
        • You did not use this a lot, if at all, and it wasn’t effective.
        • This could be used to pull me in if I am playing evasively.
        • This could be used to mess up my aim at mid-range.
      • Wind Release: Gale Palm
        • You did not use this jutsu too often, but I am sure you landed it.
        • I feel like you may of considered it more for its damage, but also think about how it can be used to push me out of range when I am being aggressive.
        • This is a good opener to the fight as it instantly puts me on defense.
      • Wind Release: Whirlwind Fist
        • You hit this most of the time you used it, but there were also a fair amount of times you missed it.
          • Do not use this too much as it would negatively impact your overall performance.
        • You could use this to punish me for playing aggressively.
        • You could use this to prevent me from playing evasively.
      • Earth Release: Rising Earth Spikes
        • You used this so much that it negatively impacted your overall performance.
        • This felt like one of your primary damage dealers, which isn’t good.
        • This is an effective damage dealer but it is also good punishment for playing aggressive.
        • This is a good opener to the fight as it instantly puts me on defense.
      • Earth Release: Planet Splitter
        • You used this a lot but never landed it.
        • You could try creating a line or wall across the field. This makes it harder to avoid by spreading its range across a wider area.
        • Another way of hitting this is coming from out of range and surprising me with it.
        • Another way of hitting this is cornering me and then closing off where I can run.
        • Another way of hitting this is while I am in the phase where Sharingan slows me to fully activate.
        • Another way of hitting it is when my movement jutsu is on cooldown.
        • Another way of hitting it is by catching me from a movement jutsu.
      • Earth Release: Dark Swamp
        • You may of used this a few times but it was not effective.
        • You could use this to force me into wasting my movement jutsu.
        • You could use this to punish me for evading.
        • You could use this to stop me from closing in from mid-range.
  • Nature Kekkei Genkai
    • ███ BAD
      • Magnet Release: Magnetic Prison
        • You used this a lot and you either hit it or didn’t.
        • This is good for catching me and forcing me to use movement jutsu.
        • This is effective at punishing me for playing aggressively.
        • This is a good jutsu to hop onto me with if I am playing too evasively.
        • You can assure its hit more successfully by inching toward me while it is still trying to activate. If you spam jump-walk at me before it activates, you will likely land it.
          • Note that I spam jump-walk to escape it, so you should be able to spam jump-walk to assure its hit.
        • Make sure that you aren’t the one being played on. If I am nowhere near you or have the opportunity to damage you in this, I will.
          • You don’t want the trade-off for damage to be worse than what you deal from this jutsu. There were plenty of times during our fights where I would activate a jutsu or ninja tool on you to punish you for using this.
      • Magnet Release: Fatal Attraction
        • This was sometimes threatening to be sucked in from, but a lot of the time I just avoided it.
        • This would work well to defuse Sharingan at mid-range.
        • This would work well to punish me for rushing toward you.
        • This would work well to force me into using my movement jutsu.
        • This would work well for incremental damage throughout the fight.
      • Magnet Release: Magnetic Wall
        • You used this a few times, but it was often avoidable.
        • You need to have fair timing in order to use this effectively. The idea is to wall yourself off while also trapping me inside its area.
          • This is good punishment if I am playing aggressively or if you are being chained with jutsu.
        • This jutsu can let you take a step back, plan ahead, or evade for a short period of time.
  • Rank
    • ███ BAD
      • Ninja Art: Kunai Barrage
        • I don’t think you used this much, if at all, which isn’t bad, but you could make use of it.
        • You could use this to put distance between us without fleeing.
        • You could use this to defuse Sharingan from longer ranges.
      • Chakra Dash, Chakra Jump & Tekeportation
        • You did dodge a bit while using this but it was mostly ineffective as you would teleport to weird angles and make it hard for you to re-approach.
          • Being far ranged prevents you from being hit as easily, but on the flip-side it also makes it harder to pull off shots too.
          • You teleport very far away and when you try to engage again, it is hard to execute jutsu that require a closer range.
      • Substitution
        • Didn’t use many of these, may of helped you engage better in certain situations or to take me by surprise.
          • Don’t let people play on the substitutions you place if you do use them.
  • General
    • ███ BAD
      • Ninja Art: Explosive Kunai
        • Didn’t use this a lot or effectively.
        • Good for extra damage from long-range.
        • Good for defusing Sharingan from long range.
        • Good for punishing me for recharging chakra or playing too far away.
      • Green Roar
        • You could use this to prevent my Sharingan from activating.
        • You could punish me for playing too close or for playing aggressive with this.
  • Ninja Tool
    • ███ FAIR
      • Kunai/Shuriken
        • You used a lot during our fight and it felt like you were trying to compensate for missing hard hitters.
        • You can use this to stop Sharingan from far range.
        • This is good for small yet incremental damage throughout the fight.
      • Senbon
        • You did not use these, but outside of the test you could experiment with them. They’re good for small but effective burst damage and you might like them.
  • Playstyle
    • ███ POOR
      • I feel like you were playing way too far away to land important and strong jutsu. Not to mention, your far-ranged play influenced a lot of inaccuracy in your other jutsu.
        • It made it very easy as the fights went on to avoid you. I just needed to hop further out of your range to hit me and I was able to defuse you.
        • If you spend the fight thirsting after me or covering your own space, it’ll just make it harder for yourself. You need to use your jutsu to intrude on my space.
      • Writing the next Naruto manga during our fights probably wasn’t a genius idea. Don’t chat during our fight as it wastes time and doesn’t contribute to your winnings. Even if you aren’t confident you will pass, it just isn’t needed.
  • Sequence
    • ███ POOR
      • You chain certain abilities together that are very inappropriate and it’s based on how desperate you are as our fights went on.
        • Chaining Sealing/Siphoning Chains into Magnet Prison was woefully inappropriate. They would of been stronger separate from one another.
        • Chaining Rising Earth Spikes into Planet Splitter was not appropriate and it shows your desperation to want to hit it. It wasn’t effective as you just knocked me out of the Planet Splitter’s range.
        • Chaining Rising Earth spikes with Magnetic Prison or Fatal Attraction feels like a kidney shot for extra damage and it isn’t appropriate.
          • Additionally, be careful with how fast you use your abilities when you become more desperate. During our test, you jutsu spammed me and while it was probably out of nervousness, I don’t need this happening each test.
      • You should follow abilities that prevent my movement one after another when each of their durations end. This continuous chain of slowing abilities forces me to use my movement jutsu.
        • When you aren’t slowing me and I have no movement jutsu left, it will make it easier to close in on me and land abilities.
  • Balance
    • ███ BAD
      • I feel like you spent a lot of time trying to land Planet Splitter and Piercing Chains to the point you lost some focus in your other abilities. They are important to land consistently and effectively but so is everything else.
        • Try to give them more consideration in your set.
        • Remember to integrate your hard hitters or things you use less into your set, give everything multiple times and places to be used.
      • I feel like you didn’t make use of your non-damaging abilities effectively if at all. While bringing my health down is important, so is stacking crowd control to force my hand.

If you have any more questions, feel free to ask here. I am more than willing to clarify anything I have posted here. Thank you.