Reply To: Character Position Combat Test – RubenHaze – Orochimaru

Home Forums Naruto Support Character Position Combat Test – RubenHaze – Orochimaru Reply To: Character Position Combat Test – RubenHaze – Orochimaru

Deathdusk
Keymaster

Grades

• Clan
    • ███ BAD
      • White Snake Bearer
        • You hit this twice, which is good, but you missed it a lot more than you hit it.
          • Try to use it less, but hit it more. Better planning will make you waste less time.
        • Avoid using this when I am in point-blank range as it will miss.
          • This jutsu damages nearby targets when it reaches its max-distance. Practice using it from the same distance required to hit it each time you use it.
        • You could use this while I am charging chakra, have no movement jutsu left, or as punishment for trying to rush you, given I am at the required range.
      • Red Banded Snake
        • You used this a few times, memorably hit it once, but it could of been used better anyway.
          • Please do not attack me on the knock-up. There are much smarter ways you can be using this.
        • You mentioned that you had trouble engaging. This is a good jutsu to help you engage, stopping me from hitting you with a bunch of jutsu.
          • This jutsu is good at stopping me from engaging or evading. You can use it in either situation.
          • This jutsu can help you plan your next move or take a step back, but it becomes less useful if you try to attack on it. Using it that way just gives me the cue to leap away and gain distance on you.
      • Striking Shadow Snakes
        • I am not certain you hit this or used it much, but that could be part of your trouble engaging. Even then, it was not used well.
        • This jutsu is good for slowing movement, especially to or from a movement jutsu.
          • This also counters my movement jutsu by stopping my momentum.
        • This jutsu is good punishment for attempting to evade.
          • While it doesn’t always pull me toward you, it does keep me anchored to where it hits me.
      • Multiple Striking Shadow Snakes
        • You used this a few times, but you had trouble hitting it as you could not engage.
          • Try using this to punish me for getting too close rather than trying to come toward me with it.
          • This jutsu can stop me from attacking or playing aggressively sometimes, but don’t use it too often.
        • This jutsu can be easy to dodge if you use it too far away. Treat it more like a shotgun than a sniper because it is more accurate and easier to use that way.
  • Chakra Nature
    • ███ BAD
      • Wind Release: Swirling Vacuum
        • You used this a few times but on top of other jutsu, which isn’t good. It also wasn’t used very well or effectively.
        • Try to use this from at mid-range to mess up my aim.
        • Try to use this to stop me if I am trying to rush you or if I am evading you.y.
      • Wind Release: Gale Palm
        • You either hit or missed this jutsu, so you should work on your accuracy.
          • Do not use it too far away or it will become harder to hit.
          • Try to track where I am going when in close-range so that you can hit it.
        • Try to use this if I am trying to attack you or as an opener that prevents me from engaging.
      • Wind Release: Whirlwind Fist
        • Your aim could be better, you missed this a lot. There are also better ways you could be using this.
          • Try not to be too far away as it causes you to miss.
          • Track your target with your cursor and aim for body/leg shots.
        • Use this as a counter or parry to me attempting to attack you.
      • Lightning Release: Static Implosion
        • You used this a couple of times and hit it once, but you can use it better and more effectively.
        • You can plant this in my path when I am engaging or evading to slow me down.
      • Lightning Release: Spider Web
        • You used this a few times, but you had some trouble.
          • You sometimes use this far away, wasting most of its duration running toward me, so you need to be very close when you use it.
          • This jutsu is good for punishing me for trying to attack or for playing aggressively. This jutsu will also force me into using my movement jutsu to escape.
      • Lightning Release: Thundering Sphere
        • You used this jutsu a lot and it never hit me. You need to work on using it less and in better ways.
        • Make me waste my movement jutsu before trying to use this.
          • I can’t dash or teleport out of the jutsu if I don’t have the means to do so.
          • Try to corner me and use this so I have less routes to escape or run away from it.
        • Mix up how you use this and where and always try to be spontaneous.
  • Nature Kekkei Genkai
    • ███ BAD
      • Polarity Release: Gaseous Discharge
        • You used this a few times, but it was very avoidable. It could also be used better.
        • Use this jutsu when to counter me trying to attack you.
          • This jutsu can force me into using my movement jutsu.
          • This jutsu can push me back, letting you engage.
      • Polarity Release: Ion Bolt
        • You tapped me with the jutsu once, dealing a half heart, but it isn’t enough to be considered useful.
          • You used the jutsu far more than you hit it. Tapping me with the jutsu consistently would be on the right track, but it would still take work. You need to work on hitting the jutsu more consistently and it being useful, so I have to get stuck in the jutsu longer than just a tap.
        • Try to use this jutsu less as it makes it more avoidable. Find better times to use it and work on your hit-rate.
          • Don’t use this super far away and don’t expect me to run into it every time.
        • Make me waste my movement jutsu before trying to use this. I can’t dash or teleport out of the jutsu if I don’t have the means to do so.
          • Try to corner me and use this so I have less routes to escape or run away from it.
        • You can plant this in my path when I am engaging or evading to slow me down.
          • The jutsu has a delay before hitting the ground. Make sure you have good timing so that I run into it.
      • Polarity Release: Supercharged Jolt
        • You used this jutsu a lot and the way you used it made it easy to counter.
          • You tended to jump at me slowly and in a straight line, making it easy for me to plant spikes or other hazards to stop you from coming toward me.
        • This jutsu is really good at forcing me into using my movement jutsu, but you need to use it smartly.
          • You should try to leap around me and cover as much area as possible.
          • You need to be careful about how you move. Don’t make it easy for me to place traps or hit you while you use this.
  • Rank
    • ███ BAD
      • Tanto
        • You used this a few times, but sometimes you chain it with another jutsu. Please avoid doing this.
        • This is a good counter to me trying to attack you. It is good at creating distance and stopping jutsu from hitting you at close-range.
      • Ninja Art: Paralyzing Kunai
        • You landed a good hit on this once, stopping a Sharingan activation. You didn’t use it, or at least hit it, any times after that.
          • You can use this when you need to cancel ranged abilities, or any oncoming attacks, really.
          • This jutsu is good at stopping me from engaging or evading.
          • This jutsu can let you get closer or to position yourself.
      • Ninja Art: Silencing Seal
        • Similar to Paralyzing Kunai, you didn’t use or make use of it often.
        • If I am trying to attack you at close-range, this jutsu will stop me from doing that.
        • This jutsu is easier to use than Paralyzing Kunai for cancelling abilities like Sharingan, but Paralyzing Kunai works well on aimed abilities while Silencing Seal works well on less hard to aim ones.
      • Ninja Art: Secret Stealth
        • You used this a few times and it was decent. It is good for stopping the effects of jutsu that cause pain tick, like Sharingan, or just for a getaway.
        • This jutsu is good at helping you position yourself, but make sure you don’t reveal your position by charging chakra in it because that would waste valuable time.
          • Not knowing your position will force me into using my movement jutsu. If you play it smart, I may run directly into you when you are no longer vanished.
      • Ninja Art: Afterimage Dash
        • Try to avoid dashing directly at me while this jutsu is active. If you do that, you run the risk of being hit with a jutsu. If you need to leap in my direction, make sure you aren’t landing directly on me.
      • Chakra Dash
        • Use this to dodge or gain distance, make sure you aren’t chaining dashes with jutsu, and try not to leap across the map. You want to make a quick re-entry into the fight.
      • Teleporation
        • Make sure you aren’t teleporting across the map. As you’ve seen, I can make it difficult to get close to me and you don’t want to make it hard on yourself to re-engage.
  • General
    • ███ BAD
      • Ninja Art: Kunai Volley
        • You used this a few times, a bit randomly.
        • This jutsu is good at keeping me away if I am trying to attack you and is good for extra damage.
      • Green Roar
        • You used this a few times, missed it a bit as well.
        • This can be used to stop Sharingan from activating or to mess up my aim.
      • Ninja Art: Explosive Kunai
        • Used once or twice, missed it a bit, but can keep me distanced or punish me for charging chakra.
  • Ninja Tool
    • ███ FAIR
      • Paperbomb
        • You used this a few times, could’ve been better. This is decent for messing up my aim or forcing me to use my movement jutsu, but never go overboard with using this.
      • Kunai/Shuriken
        • You don’t really use these, but they’re good for incremental damage and for helping you re-engage into the fight.
  • Playstyle
    • ███ BAD
      • I understand that you want to play a little more distanced, but you need to create situations where it is safe for you to enter the fight and to hit your close-ranged jutsu.
        • You should put a little focus on punishing me for getting too close with your jutsu and creating openings for you to get close.
      • Playing too evasively or far away is limiting your ability to hit jutsu and to get close. You said that you take a lot of damage when you get within range, but you also don’t stop any oncoming damage with your jutsu.
        • Work on using the jutsu I have mentioned above to stop me from attacking you when I am engaging on you, or even if you need to stop me from attacking you when you engage.
  • Sequence
    • ███ BAD
      • Please avoid using jutsu on knockups like Red Banded Snake, Tanto, or movement jutsu. They have their own purposes and chaining other jutsu with them is not the way you should be using them.
      • Work on using jutsu that punish or force movement jutsu continuously throughout the fight so that I have no room to evade. Keep me in comfortable ranges.
  • Balance
    • ███ BAD
      • Using jutsu like White Snake Bearer, Thundering Sphere, and Ion Bolt too much can take away from the rest of your setup. You want to use them at most two or three times in a fight with the goal of effectively hitting each once every other fight.
      • Moderate how much you use jutsu like Supercharged Jolt. It is a neat movement jutsu, but it has its drawbacks if you aren’t paying attention. Spider Web is similar in this way. Neither make you invincible.
      • Overall, you should pay attention to how much you use everything in your kit and know that you should be giving them equal attention.
        • Sometimes I think you forget about some of your ANBU jutsu and sometimes I think you avoid some of your clan jutsu. Hitting hard hitters is important, but being useful with your entire kit is what ties everything together as well.
    Failure
    ███ ONE WEEK

If you have any more questions, feel free to ask here. I am more than willing to clarify anything I have posted here. Thank you.